Next in Health (NIH) has opened up an opportunity for Mental Health Registered Nurses to work at the Youth Prevention & Recovery Care (YPARC) on a full-time basis. The Orygen YPARC is a pivotal sub-acute program supporting young people transition to the community from inpatient psychiatric care, or to intervene early and prevent further deterioration that may lead to inpatient psychiatric care. YPARC will also support young people with substance-use issues.
What are the perks of working with Orygen at YPARC?
- $91,000 – $109,000 + 10% super
- Join us during this incredibly exciting time of growth and change – career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
You will be working as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse who supports the provision of comprehensive clinical sub-acute mental health care for young people and families. You will work with young people from a range of backgrounds and diagnoses to provide sub-acute care including risk assessment, mental state assessment, crisis management, psychoeducation related to illness and medication, care coordination, and partnering with young people and family/carers.
In this role, you will be based at the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) in the YPARC Centre. You will also support the entry and exit transitions to the YPARC and participate in a variety of other YPARC life activities to ensure comprehensive and safe consumer and family/carer-oriented care is attainable.
Some of the duties you will be doing:
- Work in partnership with consumers, patients, and where applicable carers and families.
- Provide specialist mental health nursing interventions and leadership relating to sub-acute management of mental health symptoms, physical health monitoring whilst initiating treatment and therapeutic interventions
- Ensure high standards of clinical care that are congruent with Orygen aims – client-focused, accessible, responsive, and consistent with best practice
If helping people and providing better mental health in your local community is something you’ve always been interested in, this may just be the perfect role for you.
Apply today and the Next in Health team will be in contact to further discuss and answer any questions you have.